Zephyr Graduates of Distinction
Do you know a “Zephyr Graduate of Distinction”? If so, Whitehall-Coplay School District eagerly awaits the opportunity to recognize our graduates accomplished in the areas of:
Applications for nomination may be obtained by either downloading the form below or by contacting Dr. Barbara Chomik at the Whitehall-Coplay District Office at 610-439--1431 extension 1021. Nomination deadline is January 11, 2019.Applications are also available at the Coplay Public Library and the Whitehall Township Public Library.
- Academic achievement
- The Arts
- Civic and/or military service
- Community service
- Significant personal achievements
Any graduate of the high school, past or present employee, or past or present resident of the district may submit a nomination. A nomination submitted will continue in the active nomination file for five (5) years.
- The nominee must have graduated at least ten (10) years prior to nomination unless due to the nominee being deceased.
- The nominee must have excelled in their career or made an outstanding contribution to society.
- Individuals may be nominated for achievements in academics, music, the arts, civic and/or military service, community service, or a significant personal achievement.
- Inductees will be limited to 3-5 individuals in any given year.
A selection committee shall meet yearly to review applications and to select members to the Hall of Fame. A 2/3 vote is necessary for admission. When applications exceed the number of available selections, they will be selected in the order of most votes cast with a simple majority minimum required.
An inscribed nameplate shall be added to the Hall of Fame plaque in a designated area of the high school. A plaque shall also be given to the recipient or their representative. Acknowledgment of the award shall be made at the Whitehall High School National Honor Society Induction Ceremony held in spring.
Dr. Barbara Chomik
Whitehall-Coplay School District
2940 MacArthur Road
Whitehall, PA 18052