Learn at Home Program
In the instance that the Covid-19 pandemic causes a school closure, the Whitehall-Coplay School District "Learn at Home" program ensures a seamless transition between "in person" instruction and "at home" learning. The program places the same high expectations on all students regardless of the instructional setting.
- Students will participate in their assigned classes through a remote connection (GoogleMeet). Students will be able to interact with their teachers and participate as though they were physically in the classroom.
- Clearly defined guidelines will be provided to ensure that students understand the expectations regarding attendance and participation in the "Learn at Home" program.
- Engaging, online, district curriculum taught by WCSD teachers, in most cases the same teacher assigned to the student for "in-school" instruction. Subsequently, curriculum moves forward in a continuous manner.
- Students receive a school-issued Chromebook with technical support available through the districts I.T. department.
- Each virtual school day consists of "live" instructional sessions that follows the students
daily scheduled classes.
- The same essential services and supports are provided by the school during online instruction such as counseling, speech, English Language, and academic support services.
- Comprehensive orientation sessions are provided to help parents and students get started on their "at home" coursework.
- Classwork is posted on SeeSaw (K-1) or Google Classroom (2-12), giving each student a clear understanding of daily expectations.
- Student progress may be followed through the parent portal whether instruction takes place in an "in-person" or "at home" instructional setting.
Grades K-1: Orientation Video
Grades 2-12: Orientation Video
Student Chromebook Help
In need of tech support?
As you are working through the extended learning opportunities provided by your teachers, you can reach out for technical support if needed. Here are a few things that may help with troubleshooting on your own. If none of the options below resolve your issue please submit a Tech Ticket at the appropriate link at the bottom of the page.
None of the above worked?
Click on your schools link below and submit a request for assistance. One of our techs will reach out to you and assist. If it is determined that a replacement chromebook needs to be issued, a time will be assigned to make the switch. Do not show up at the school without an assigned time. Please be sure you bring not only the chromebook but the charger (power cord) too. Without both of these we cannot make the exchange. Thank you for your cooperation as we work through various online learning opportunities.