Elementary Learning Models
In-Person (5 days)
What is the program?
- Face to Face Instruction in accordance with CDC guidelines
- Students attend Monday through Friday from 8:35 a.m. to 3:15 p.m.
- Average class size of 18-21 students
- District teachers instructing with district curriculum
- Daily Time Allotments:
- Language Arts: 90 minutes
- IE: 30 minutes
- Math: 60 minutes-90 minutes
- Social Studies/Science: 30 minutes
- Lunch/Recess: 45 minutes
- Special Subject: 45 minutes
- Special Classes: Art, Physical Education, Library, Music, and Discovery
- Intervention Services: Reading and Math
How do I enroll my child in the in-person model?
No action is needed at this time. Your child will automatically be enrolled in the in-person model unless you show interest in the virtual learning program.
W-C Virtual Learning Program
What is the W-C Elementary Virtual Learning Program?
- Asynchronous online Instruction from home
- Students report to homeroom daily at a specific time for attendance/teacher conferencing
- Students work in 5-day cycles referred to as mods
- Pennsylvania certified teachers instructing with Whitehall-Coplay School District written or approved curriculum and books
- Resources (e-lecture, e-stream, and e-brain) are provided to support textbook understanding
- Daily time allotment minimum of 5 hours per day with flexibility for pacing
- Limited Selection of Specials offered
- Open office hours available
What are the prerequisites for the W-C Elementary Virtual Learning Program?
- Follow established protocol for sign up and approval
- Exhibit prior success with asynchronous learning or provide prior academic record of satisfactory attendance and performance
- Establish daily adult supervision and support for learning
- Arrange pre-assessment academic screening when warranted
How do I enroll my child?
Please contact your building principal to show interest.