Service Electric - Service Electric – Free Cable Modems
SECTV will offer free broadband modems to qualifying customers during this ongoing national emergency. For more information on modem access and a 60-day financial grace period, please contact a Customer Service
representative at 800-232-9100. Or see the link below for additional information.RCN - RCN LIFELINE INTERNET PROGRAM FOR STUDENTS K-12• First 60 days FREE of 25Mbps RCN Internet
Indudes modem, router and network access maintenance fee No credit check No activation fee No installation fee No contract
An adult over the age of 18 living in the household must call and request enrollment in the Lifeline Internet Program. RCN cannot schedule installations called in by a minor.
There is a specific hotline set up for this program. Orders can be placed to that phone number beginning Saturday, March 20, at 12noon.
Normal business hours/phone line is open: Monday - Friday: 9:00am-8:00pm Saturday: 8:30am-5:00pm
During non-business hours, caller may leave a message, which will be returned on the next business day. Lifeline service requests made to the national RCN Call Center or online through RCN.com cannot be fulfilled at this time.
Non-customer may qualify if:
They live in an area of the Lehigh Valley where RCN service is available
• They have not subscribed to RCN services within the last 60 days
• They have no outstanding debt to RCN that is less than one year old
• The name on the bill matches the name of the adult household member requesting enrollment in the
Lifeline Internet program.For more information on RCN Services please see their website: coronavirusAdditionally, several providers are offering free or low cost internet service at this difficult time. The following is a list of providers and the services they are offering:Broadband Resources
- FCC agreement stating that providers will waive late fees, not cutoff service for lack of payment, and open hot-spots.
- Comcast COVID-19 response: offers free WiFi for 2 months to low income families plus all Xfinity hot-spots are free to the public during this time
- Contact: Victor W. Cardona
- Senior Strategic Executive, Enterprise Services
- Office (908) 624-6051Mobile (973) 405-9271
- Charter Free Internet offer for 2 months
- AT&T COVID-19 response: offers open hot-spots, unlimited data to existing customers, and $10/month plans to low income families
- Verizon COVID-19 response: no special offers, but following the FCC agreement.
- Sprint COVID-19 response: follows FCC agreement, provides unlimited data to existing customers, and, starting Tuesday, 3/17/2020, will allow all handsets to enable hot-spots for 60 days at no extra charge.
- T-Mobile COVID-19 response: follows FCC agreement, plus unlimited data to existing customers, and, coming soon, will allow all handsets to enable hot-spots for 60 days at no extra charge.